In accordance with the rules, your miles must be entered no later than 7 days following the ride and they must appear in the comments section of your bio. Ride credit will not be given if submitted in an email or posted any other place than on your bios page. It is up to you to check the Leader Board to make sure your miles were credited and report any errors, also within 7 days.
Entering miles is easy.
1. Go to the http://washingtontrailridersdistancederby.blogspot.com/ page.
2. Find your name in THE TEAMS list on the right hand column and click on it. It will open your “bio” page. Be careful to enter your miles on your own bio page and not someone else's!
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page to where it says POST A COMMENT and enter your ride information. For proper credit, we need DATE, MILES, and MILES TO DATE. (Miles to Date is VERY important. It helps the scribe quickly check your miles to post on the Leader Board.) For your own records, you can enter anything else you find pertinent. After you enter the pertinent information, feel free to comment about your ride. Was it a new trail? Who’d you ride with? Any exciting horse moments? Purely optional but fun for other riders to read and for you to look back and read later in the year. Again, the ONLY thing you are REQUIRED to enter are the DATE and MILES and MTD (miles to date) and it must not be later than 7 DAYS after your ride.
4. You do not need a Google account to enter comments. You can enter as Anonymous or any of the accounts Google accepts. I have a Google account so not sure how it works with the other ones, but try it out. You are welcome to do a test post in your comments.
5. After comments are entered, the message at the bottom of the screen that says the comments are published. Again, be sure and check your work!
6. Entering your miles today does not necessarily update the Leader Board today. That is a manual process done by Admin. Most often the Leader Board is updated on Monday morning of each week. Note the date of update is shown on the Leader Board. Your recent miles may not have been captured yet. Patience. If at the next time they are still not updated, put a comment on your bio regarding your concern and Admin will work with you to update.
Questions can be addressed to the Admin. Just put comments on the most recent Washington Trail Riders Distance Derby post.